Tuesday, July 31, 2012

After extensively traveling throughout the world and the country, I am finally sitting down to write a blog. Although my posts may be a bit late (or very late), I will try to do my best job making sure the rest of my posts are on time! I suppose to start I could explain where I went this summer because it does relate to who I am in a way. My travels started in the Twin Cities where I went to go visit a family member. I then went to the University of Wisconsin Green Bay for a camp that was hosted by the Wisconsin High School Honor's Project, an honors group for high school musicians. This should tell you a bit about me: I'm a musician! I love singing, playing the saxophone, guitar, and piano most of all! I went directly from that camp to one more music camp before I left for Europe for 16 days! I travelled there with a band and choir performing in some of the most famous and beautiful concert venues in the world. After returning home from nearly a month of travels, I packed for the next vacation: New York City! There my family and I saw all the sights Manhattan has to offer, went to go see where my dad used to live in Brooklyn, and toured two college campuses. This should tell you one more thing about me: I am very serious about preparing for my future.
I am very excited for college and the rest of my life! Because of this, I strive to do the best that I possibly can in school, extracurricular activities, and the sorts!
Along with this class, I will be very busy this summer applying to colleges (choosing colleges to apply to is more like it at the moment). I am sure (at least for the time being) that I want to go to college for economics or business depending on the school that I get into. After participating in an independent research project on the American financial system and the most recent recession, I have found that this is another place that my passions dwell. I would love to work in finances, investment, and banking when I grow up. Furthermore, that is what my non-fiction book is about. It's called Too Big To Fail and it is about the most recent recession and breakdown of the financial system.
I'm very interested in improving my skills in the field of writing and really honing in on a personal style for my writing. I am very excited for this class and can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you aboard, Conley. Try to get caught up in the next few weeks, and if you have a chance, visit the other students' blogs and leave some comments. You can find a list of addresses on my teacher web page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like you really got out and experienced the world this summer! I’m really jealous seeing as I haven’t even been out of the country! Your business experiences sounded very intriguing. How did you come across the opportunity of an independent study? What did this process entail and what were some of the activities you did along the journey? Also I know you said the college process was starting for you. Now that you have gotten the opportunity to visit a couple of places what are some of your top choices for school? I wish I could say I was up on that process, but I haven’t even look at an applications yet! Fall might just be more busy than summer. Who knew that was possible? Senior year is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great summer! I wish I could have traveled as much as you did. I barely left Wisconsin... yikes. I have been dreaming about visiting New York some day, I hope to visit there and many other amazing places. You were handed an incredible experience and you took it. Can't believe that we are already seniors! It's so hard to believe.

    Hope all is well, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete